Store Manager - Brighton
We are looking for a Store Manager to head up our store in Brighton. Our store is situated on the beautiful Sydney Street, five minutes walk from Brighton train station.
We’re looking for a Store Manager who will bring meticulous organisation, initiative, a good balance of independent spirit and teamwork, efficiency, profitability, drive and positivity to the business.
A day in the shop involves all sorts. This could include talking to customers, sharing product knowledge, taking photos or creating stories for Instagram, demonstrating products, selling products, stock checking, processing deliveries of stationery (the best bit), restocking, cleaning, tidying, visual merchandising, answering the phone.
It's varied, fast paced and fun. We’re a bunch of very friendly, knowledgeable, passionate people, all with an outside interest in creation of some kind, from knitting to illustration to weaving. Everyone brings great chat to the shop floor because they’re genuinely excited about creativity and probably a little bit obsessed with stationery. We love organisation and we keep our store immaculate. If this sounds like you then join our club.
Our aesthetic has earned us coverage by the likes of Wallpaper*, The Evening Standard, We Heart, Design Week, Cereal Magazine and Stylist, so we hold ourselves to high standards.
- Training, motivating and managing our team including Supervisors
- Recruiting new team members
- Follow our existing systems and introduce changes to make the store more efficient
- Monthly scheduling of the rota
- Holiday and absence management
- Driving sales and meeting sales targets
- Attending monthly financial meetings and sharing sales information with the HQ team
- Managing instore systems including our POS, Vend
- Ensuring the interior and exterior of the shop and stock room are immaculate
- Enlist the help of others when needed to fix problems quickly
- Keeping stocked with necessary supplies
- Prepping, updating, replenishing resources and task sheets
- Customer service and making sales
- Banking and sales reporting
- Working with our buying team to ensure stock is replenished
- Updating the inventory with new stock arrivals
- Processing deliveries
- Organising and overseeing stock checks
- Take direction from our creative team to create new displays
- Direct the refreshing and maintenance of displays as necessary (daily - weekly)
- Direct the changing of displays bi-weekly
- Organise installation of window displays
- Management experience in retail as Manager or Assistant Manager
- Commercially minded
- Customer-centric with a positive attitude
- Confidence to demonstrate products
- Experience in sharing specialist knowledge with customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Visual merchandising skills
- Able to work weekends and holidays as required
This is a permanent, full-time role based at our store on Sydney Street, Brighton, BN1 4EN. Start date August 2022.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to our founder, Sidonie Warren at email@example.com. Good luck!